Why only you can set limits to your growth and success
What you need to know:
- There was also a sign next to the mirror that read: “There is only one person who is capable of setting limits to your growth: it is YOU.”
- The most important relationship you can have is with yourself
- Every day, take a minute to reflect and remind yourself, “Whatever happens today, I take the responsibility.”
One day employees arrived at the office to find a bold notice on the door that read: “Yesterday the person who has been hindering your growth in this company passed away. We invite you to join the funeral in the gym”.
At first the employees felt sad for the death of their colleague, but after a while they got curious and wanted to know who that person was who had hindered their growth and that of the company.
The excitement in the gym was such that security agents were called in to control the crowd. The more closer they got to the coffin, the more the excitement.
Everyone thought: “Who is this guy who was hindering my progress? Well, at least he is dead!”
When they looked into the coffin each became speechless.
They stood nearby, shocked and in silence, as if someone had touched the deepest part of their souls.
There was a mirror in the coffin and everyone who peeped in saw themselves.
There was also a sign next to the mirror that read: “There is only one person who is capable of setting limits to your growth: it is YOU.”
You are the only person who can revolutionise your life. You are the only person who can influence your happiness, your realisation, and your success.
You are the only person who can help yourself. Your life does not change when your boss changes, when your friends change, when your partner changes when your company changes.
Your life changes when YOU change, when you go beyond your limiting beliefs when you realise that you are the only one responsible for your life.
The most important relationship you can have is with yourself.
Did you know that accepting responsibility for your actions, being accountable for your results, and taking ownership of your mistakes is probably not only the easiest way, but is the only way to achieve success and happiness?
So every day, take a minute to reflect and remind yourself, “Whatever happens today, I take the responsibility.”
1. Take charge of your happiness: You are responsible for your happiness, if you expect others to make you happy, chances are you will end up disappointed.
2. Take control of your future: Our background and circumstances may influence who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
3. Life is all about decisions: Your life is a result of your decisions and choices. If you end up with problems, learn and grow from them.
4. Responsibility finds ways: You achieve success only when you take complete responsibility of your life and everything that happens to you.
5. You don’t own problems: You have solutions for all the problems, when the problems are not yours.
This article was first published in the Business Daily.