Man dies after his drink is spiked at birthday party

John Mbugwa, who died at the weekend after his drink was spiked with a yet-to-be-identified substance at a nightclub. PHOTO | NATION MEDIA GROUP

What you need to know:

  • His uncle, Kamau Mbugua, said John began vomiting profusely at the bar and efforts to save his life were futile. He did not make it to hospital.
  • A post-mortem examination confirmed he was poisoned.

One Friday, John Mbugwa had hosted his friends to a birthday party at one of the popular entertainment joints on the Thika superhighway, having travelled from Syokimau, where he lived.

Welcome!

You're all set to enjoy unlimited Prime content.