Legal Aid: Help me get my daughter back

I have a friend who owes me money, but we did not have any official documents to show our transactions or that he would repay me.

Photo credit: Nation Media Group

What you need to know:

  • The law doesn’t prejudice any of the parents, father nor mother with regard to the rights of the child, neither does it empower auxiliary care takers such as grandfathers to interfere, not unless there is proof of neglect and abandonment on your part.
  • Even though the society may view negligence by lenses that mirror reduced social ties between larger families, the Kenyan law and courts envisage individualised acts of abuse, denial of basics such as food, education and fundamentally love.

Hi Eric,


You're all set to enjoy unlimited Prime content.