What you need to know:
- Valentine's Day can be a bit of an emotional roller coaster. But if you are single and do not have plans for the day yet, try not to stress.
- If you are feeling lonely and want some company, invite someone who might be lonely too. Together, you could head out for dinner at your favourite restaurant or go shopping.
- No matter what you choose to do, make sure you have fun.
What do single ladies do on Valentines?
Spa day with friends
A spa day can be an excellent choice for single ladies to celebrate without having to worry about someone else making plans for them.
Spend time in the sauna, steam room, and Jacuzzi; get massages to relax those tight muscles.
If you want an even more luxurious experience, book yourself into an all-inclusive hotel that offers spa treatments like facials, manicures, pedicures, and massages.
Have a picnic in the park
If you are looking for a low-key and affordable way to spend Valentine's Day, go for a picnic in the park. This allows you to enjoy alone-time while still having fun with your friends.
All you need are warm clothes, candles, and a bottle of wine (or two). Pack a delicious picnic lunch of your favourite foods and head to the park for a day of relaxation. Bring a delightful book/ magazine or some fun games to keep you entertained.
If you feel adventurous, go for a hike, instead. This is cheap and comes with beautiful sceneries that will make for great Instagram photos!
Movie night at home
Movie night is a great way to spend Valentine's Day with your friends. Rent a movie everyone will like, buy some snacks and you are set.
If you want something more than popcorn, make homemade pizzas or nachos for an extra special treat.
Only golden rule is to make sure the movie you select is interesting.
If you are looking for something more active to do on Valentine's Day, why not go dancing?
Dance is one of the best ways to get your heart pumping and let loose.
If dancing is not your thing, consider going to a concert – we usually have concerts happening around Valentine's Day.
Alternatively, go swimming, bowling, or have an arcade game night with friends.
Volunteer work is a great way to spend Valentine's Day if you want to do something good for others.
There are always organisations that need volunteers, so find one that speaks to your heart. It will make you feel good because you will be making a difference in someone's life.
Something for introverts
- Baking is perfect if you want to have a relaxing activity that will result in something delicious.
- Crafting can be a fun choice. You could try anything from knitting to sewing.
- Painting. Why not paint together with friends? This can be fun, and it is a wonderful way to relax.
- Board games. These are always a hit with friends and can be fun to play. Make sure you have plenty of snacks on hand.