High Court blocks Kiambu’s Waititu from implementing extra budget

Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu whom the High Court has restrained from implementing a supplementary budget passed last month after his government withdrew its reply in a suit filed by some MCAs challenging the Sh16.5 billion budget. PHOTO | KANYIRI WAHITO | NATION MEDIA GROUP

What you need to know:

  • 10 Kiambu MCAs argued that the supplementary budget Bill was not moved as stipulated in the standing orders.
  • The MCAs told the judge that the assembly did not follow the rules and procedures when passing the Appropriation Bill last month.
  • They added that an ad hoc committee was created on March 21, 2019, contrary to the standing orders.
  • The MCAs said it was not procedural for the ad hoc committee to present the supplementary Bill.

The High Court on Wednesday issued orders restraining Kiambu Governor Ferdinand Waititu from implementing a supplementary budget passed last month.

Welcome!

You're all set to enjoy unlimited Prime content.